Missed a Building Science Live event? You can still catch the recording!
*Please note: If you preregistered for free early bird access to this course, please watch your email for enrollment information.
In This Course:
New provincial and state codes will mandate higher energy performance and lower greenhouse gas emissions. As stretch codes, green standards, and other requirements take effect across North America, a growing number of developers and builders are concerned about how these requirements will impact construction costs.
Passive House is where the puck is headed. In British Columbia, for example, all new buildings must meet near-Passive House levels of performance by 2032. Other emerging codes include metrics based on the Passive House approach.
In this session, one of North America’s top Passive House consultants will share lessons learned from planning millions of square feet of multifamily Passive House. This session will explore why developers are choosing to build to the voluntary standard, survey what the first generation of multifamily Passive House buildings cost to construct, and discuss how to lower the cost of planning and building any high-performance project.
You'll Learn About:
- The Passive House standards and how they relate to emerging code requirements.
- Why multifamily projects are electing to build Passive House.
- Construction cost premium for Passive House and similar multifamily projects.
- Key milestones for reducing the cost of high-performance buildings.
- Format: 2 parts (1 hour recording + quiz). Downloadable slides are included.
- Duration: You will have 30 days to review the recording and complete the quiz.
- Audience: This session will be of interest to architects, building owners, and other professionals who are designing, building, or considering high-performance approaches including Passive House.
Continuing Education Credits:
|1 LU |HSW||1 Core LU||1 CPHC CEU|
*This program also meets the criteria for OAA structured learning hours. For more information, please see here.
Monte is among Canada’s most experienced Passive House professionals. He leads a multi-city Passive House team that has consulted on or certified more than 70 projects, including homes, offices, affordable mid-rise buildings, and luxury high-rise buildings.
Monte is a veteran Passive House Trainer, a founding board member of Passive House Canada, and co-host of Passive House Happy Hour every Wednesday at 7pm Eastern with Passive House Accelerator. He is also known for developing and facilitating the “Pattern Language from Passive House” presented by ZEBx, RDH, and Forestry Innovation Investment.